What’s for Kids at Reeds & Roots Skillshare?
More like what ISN’T for kids?! This is an event you WANT to bring your kids to!
We offer 3 ways to keep your kids AS engaged as YOU are:
1. Kids Workshops and Activities
2. Kids Norms
We encourage free range kids
Kids, with your parent’s permission, you are invited to play with a buddy anywhere you want, as long as:
- Your parents know where you are at all times
- You do not disrupt other people from doing things
- You do not destroy the Camp or nature
- You always have a buddy near you
- If you get lost and you can see the info booth, go there and tell an adult you are lost.
- If you get lost and you don’t know where you are, stay in place. We WILL find you, but only if you stay in place.
- Wear your shoes
We encourage parents and childless adults who love kids to self-organize watch and care over our little ones. We will have a sign-up board and check-in points for anyone interested in participating at our Kids Village (where most kids workshops take place). There will be time slots to volunteer. This is particularly useful for Workshop Instructors who need to leave their children with someone as they teach.
We do NOT offer childcare. Your child is your responsibility the whole time you are with us.
Philosophy and Atmosphere
Our view of children is inspired by the book Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv, and its call to bring more children and young people into the outdoors. While we have workshops and activities specifically for children, we highly encourage unstructured activities. The Camp includes plenty of spaces to explore and play!
Reeds and Roots Skillshare promotes a healthy, family-friendly atmosphere. Quiet time is marked on the main schedule each night.